Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Revolving Door at the DA's Office

      Last month I received an email from Dawn, the office manager at the District Attorney's Office.  It said, "are you ready to come back to work yet?"  My instant gut-reaction screamed, "No!"  Shoot this is the first time in my life that I don't have to work, so there is no way I wanted to come back, even part time.  I tried to ignore the invitation but there was something in the back of my mind that kept bringing it to the front.  So I sent back an inquiry.  Would you be willing to let me work one day a week from 8:00 a.m. till 2:00 p.m. on Grand Jury day, my favorite day of the week?  And the answer was Yes!

      Once my offer was accepted it was darn near impossible to turn the position down.  I am still in awe over this and I feel like the luckiest girl in the world because I have always had a revolving door open to me within that office.  I have now worked a couple of times and I just love it!  I love the work, I love the people, and I love the adult conversation.  My plan for now is to just work that one day a week and maybe once all of the kids are in school full-time I may pick up a few more days.  Who knows?  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment