Friday, August 10, 2012

Our Day in Pacific City, Oregon

      Last Friday we had the opportunity to spend the day at the beach in Pacific City just south of Tillamook.  Dave, Spencer’s boss, invited us to join him during his family vacation and offered to take us out crabbing and bottom fishing. There was no way Spencer was turning that offer down. It was our first time to Pacific City and I feel like the town is a hidden treasure. Definitely an ideal place to have a vacation home in my opinion. 

      Launching and loading the boat was a first for me.  Dave drove the trailer right into the waves of the ocean until the boat came free. Then when we were done he drove the boat as fast as possible and launched it as far up the sandy beach as he could. It was really cool. We had 8 people on his 23’ boat and all but 2 got sea sick. I got sick, but I never tossed my cookies. I did take a couple tablets of Dramamine while out there which I think saved my hide.  
      Later that afternoon we returned to the beach house, cooked our crab, and enjoyed the company of everyone there. We met a lot of new people and everyone was so welcoming and friendly. Dinner was absolutely 5 star.  Dave has a pretty good reputation when it comes to his cooking and I was able to enjoy it firsthand. We had NY steak with fresh crab and asparagus piled on top then covered in hollandaise sauce. It was heavenly!  All day long we ate well, a great perk when you party with an owner of a grocery store. We ended up leaving late that night and admittedly I was kind of bummed when we did because I had so much fun I wasn't quite ready to go. 

1 comment: