Monday, July 25, 2011

The BEST kind of Thank You!

Saying goodbye to working with the Mia Maids was really hard. I love being so close to those girls. They are such amazing young women! And so very thoughtful. The morning after I was released from my calling there was a knock at my door. Cameron and Andrew opened it, then came to find me, and they were holding a plate of cupcakes. They said, "Mom, someone left you cupcakes". There was no note so I went to the door to see if I could find any clue as to who could have left them. When I opened the door I found a large heart shaped note taped to it. It was the sweetest letter from the Mia Maids. The boys then pointed out that there were little hearts placed along the house and then in the front yard. We walked out to the grass to read what the hearts said when several of the girls jumped out from the other side of my vehicle, and yelled surprise. Sweet Winnie had picked up the girls and helped them execute this fun plan. I was overcome with joy and shed a few tears as we all hugged. Those girls will forever hold a part of my heart. I love them and am grateful for the example of righteousness they have been to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment