Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Wonderful World of Gnoming


Tonight I introduced my Mia Maid girls to the wonderful world of "gnoming." Years ago when I was introduced to it I had such a great time, and I knew the girls and I needed to do it. Not sure what "Gnoming" is? Here's how it works: Find someone who has a yard gnome outside their front door that can be transported easily. Quietly sneak up their porch, steal the gnome, and then have fun with it. In our case we found someone we know and love who has a cute little wooden chair on their porch. After swiping the chair we took it several places around town and took pictures of it. After we hit all the places we wanted to take it, we developed the pictures, placed them in an envelope, and while returning the chair to it's rightful owner, taped the envelope to their front door. The best part is the owners don't even have a clue it was ever missing until they see all the pictures of their little yard gnome all over town. Some of the locations we hit include: the swimming pool, the juke box at Burgerville, the bowling alley, Safeway, and Walmart. It is really a lot of fun!
P.S. If you know who we targeted, please give them at least a day or two so they can figure out who did this on their own. Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. Who knew criminal mischief could be so uplifting?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds so fun! I wish I had a gnome in my yard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! your girls will remember this for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was awesome. Cool. Who's chair is that? Ahhh, those were the days... You are the best YW leader EVER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a cute idea, i'll have to keep that one in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! I'm glad you're back in YW's (and a little sorry I'm not working with you!) Megan will be with you in just a couple of months!

    ReplyDelete