Having the Fourth of July on a Friday was perfect since that gave us a three day weekend together as a family. Earlier in the day we had some errands to run and along the way we stopped at one of the nicer parks in our county so the kids could play. It was Andre
w's first time in a baby swing and he would smile as soon as he swung towards us and then would tense up when he pulled away. He never cried but I could see that he had a death grip on the chain he clung to.
Before we left to go down to the river for the firework show I asked Jeff to bring along some ear plugs that we could place in Cameron's ears. The area we sat in to watch fireworks was fun. Right next to family and friends. We were close enough to hear the live concert, but yet far enough away so that we could still carry on our own conversations without too much noise. The firework show this year was weak, to say the least. Usually the fireworks are a lot better to watch, but it was not the best at all this year. It took us a long while to get home and when we did our kids were already knocked out and asleep. The next day we all slept in and had one relaxing day.

w's first time in a baby swing and he would smile as soon as he swung towards us and then would tense up when he pulled away. He never cried but I could see that he had a death grip on the chain he clung to.For dinner we met at Spencer's parents house for a BBQ. The food was delicious and we provided the dessert afterwards. I couldn't help but buy the large Costco cupcakes. They were so patriotic looking in the box displaying the American flag that I had to buy them. After we ate the girls pulled out a few fireworks that they had bought earlier and started to light them off. Cameron, who last year was deathly afraid of fireworks, started to freak out. He cried frantically and so I went over to pick him up and calm him down. As I was comforting him I thought to myself, what in the world, and pulled him away to find that he had in fact had the pee scared right out from him. At that point I said it was time to go home.
Before we left to go down to the river for the firework show I asked Jeff to bring along some ear plugs that we could place in Cameron's ears. The area we sat in to watch fireworks was fun. Right next to family and friends. We were close enough to hear the live concert, but yet far enough away so that we could still carry on our own conversations without too much noise. The firework show this year was weak, to say the least. Usually the fireworks are a lot better to watch, but it was not the best at all this year. It took us a long while to get home and when we did our kids were already knocked out and asleep. The next day we all slept in and had one relaxing day.


oh, you and those Costco cupcakes! :) I know that everytime I ever see a jumbo cupcake I will think of you!
ReplyDeletePoor Cameron!!! How did he do down at the river? Those cupcakes are the best, aren't they?! Your firework pictures turned out good. I thought about taking my new camera and tripod to mess around with different shutter speeds, but I'm still so scared to take it out much. I *really* need to get over this!
ReplyDeleteI love that first picture- the one of all 3 of them together!
ReplyDelete