Today I received a letter in the mail that brought tears to my eyes! It was a letter from the Superintendent at our School District Office and was addressed to Cameron. Inside was a letter that said, "Congratulations! You have been selected for the Superintendent SCORE award. This award is presented four times during the school year. SCORE stands for Students Can Often Reach Excellence.
The November SCORE award honors students who have demonstrated their leadership, citizenship, or service to the school and/or community. Enclosed is your nomination that was submitted by a staff member who describes your wonderful qualities.
The really touching part was reading the nomination form submitted by Cameron's teacher, Mrs. Miller. Here is what it said:
"Cameron is an outstanding kinder. He has excellent citizenship. Cameron chooses to be safe, respectful, and responsible each day in our kindergarten class! Cameron is such an exceptional role model to the other kinder boys in our morning class. I am very proud of Cameron for being an extraordinary citizen at McBride."
As a Mom, how could a letter like that not bring tears to your eyes? I ran upstairs, hugged Cameron, shared the letter and news with him and told him how proud of him I am.
that is so great! What a wonderful surprise to get in te mail! Way to go Cameron!
ReplyDeleteWoo hoo!! WTG, Cameron!
ReplyDeleteThat is the stuff that makes it all worthwhile...when you know they are treating others well. Great Job Cameron!
ReplyDelete