Thursday, August 13, 2009

Momma's got a new set of wheels!

Back at the beginning of summer, I bought this new bike and carrier. The carrier perfectly holds Andrew & Cameron and I envisioned me riding this bike all over town with them. So back when I got it I made several trips down to the river and back with ease. Then I started getting a lack of energy and my riding started getting harder and harder. The last trip I made down to the river (a 6 mile round trip) I thought I was going to lose my stomach after riding up the biggest hill. I had to stop and gain control of myself. For the life of me I couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. In addition to the lack of energy, I would have constant headaches, ones that would make me sick to my stomach over. I finally went to the doctor a month ago and told her that something was definitely wrong with me. She did all kinds of blood tests, all which came back normal. Finally after having a CT scan done of my sinuses we found the problem. 3/4 of my sinuses behind my cheekbones are completely blocked with infection. That explained my emergency visit to the dentist long before Memorial weekend. I had to go in right away because of tooth pain, but when my dentist looked at my teeth and even took x-rays, he said that my teeth were perfectly fine. Little did I know that my sinuses were the culprit! So, after the results came back I started taking the prescribed antibiotics for the infection. 6 days into them my headaches were getting worse and so she changed my prescription to a stronger dose. After 10 more days of taking the stronger dose it's frustrating to say that the infection is still there. I can feel pain behind my cheek bones all the way up to my ears. My headaches have not gone away, in fact I came home early on Tuesday from work because of the pain. I have an appointment with my Ear Nose Throat doctor at the end of the month, but it's just not soon enough. It's disappointing not being able to do the physical activities that I want to do. I had such great visions of family bike rides, but unfortunately until I can start feeling better my new set of wheels will just continue to sit in the garage.

5 comments:

  1. Kirk had a sinus infection/ear infection that took almost 4 months to clear up. You should try doing sinus rinses that really helped him to finally get rid of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor thing. That sounds absolutely awful! I hope you can get it cleared up and that your vigor and vim comes back when it's gone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun-looking bike! i hope you find a solution for crazy, yucky headaches and infections so you can feel good again and enjoy your wheels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about all that! I can't believe nothing is helping. Hopefully it gets cleared up soon.

    I have a lack of energy but mine is just pure laziness. I haven't done a thing all week and I have enjoyed eating just about everything! Do you think I could have a sinus infection??? :)

    Great seeing you back on the blogging bandwagon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete